In ELMA365 you work with files in a familiar and convenient way. You can organize files into folders, rename, move them to the recycle bin, create links to them. For each file, you can configure individual permissions and add new versions.
There are two ways to open the list of available file actions:
- In the list of files. Click the three dots icon to the right of the file name.
- On file preview page. Click on the file name, and in the window that opens, in the upper right corner, click on the three dots icon.
Actions that you can perform with a file:
- Manage Access – determine who will be able to view, edit or delete the file. Read more about access permissions in this article.
- Move – change the file location.
- Rename – if you select this menu item, the file name becomes editable.
- Add Link - links help organize information and quickly find the files you need. Select this menu item and specify where you want to add a link to this file.
- Add to Favorite – add important files to Favorites to quickly access them.
- Subscribe - Subscribers receive notifications when somebody writes a comment in the file activity stream. Note that, if a message contains a @mention, only a user whose name was mentioned will receive a notification, the subscribers will not participate in this thread.
- Add Version - upload new file versions to the system.
Delete – unused files can be moved to the recycle bin. Only the administrator can delete files from the recycle bin. Before this happens, the files stored in the bin can be restored.
File versioning works like a history of your files. When you change a file, the service marks it as a newer version and updates its records. That enables you to go back to one of the older copies when you make an unwanted change.
Information about all the file versions is displayed on the side panel of the preview window. Click on the file name to open the preview window and then click on the icon.
Click on the version name to download it to your computer.
If necessary, you can go back to the previous version and restore it. To do this, click on the All Versions link. In the pop-up select a file version and click Make Current.