A task is one of the tools for organizing work within a company. Employees set deadlines and track tasks, exchange necessary information and documents - all in order to achieve the intended results on time.
How to create a task?
There are two different ways to create a Task:
- In the Task section.
Go to the Tasks section and click the +Task button in the upper right corner.
2. By clicking the user avatar.
You can assign tasks to your colleagues right from the activity stream or a chat. To do this, click on the user avatar and in the dialog box that opens select Assign task.
Create a task subject. It should be informative and clear. This will allow employees to easily navigate the task list.
Who will perform the task?
You can specify 3 roles in a task:
- Responsible – the employee who is responsible for the task. You specify the responsible person when assigning a task, but later the task can be delegated to another responsible person.
- Approver – a person who will approve the task.
Participant – employees who will help the responsible person to complete the task. You can select several participants of the task, but there is always only one responsible user.
Select a person who is responsible for the task. To do this, start typing the user name in the Responsible field or click on the magnifying glass icon.
If necessary, specify who will approve the task and add other participants. To do this, click on the +Approver and +Participants buttons to the right of the Responsible field.
In the Due date field you can specify when the task must be completed. If you want the task to be assigned to an employee on a specific day and at a specified time, use the Specify start date option.
Task details can be specified in the Description field. If you need to add an attachment to the task, use the Files field. Drag files from the local computer or click on the field and select the files you need. You can also attach documents from the cloud storage. To do this, click on the three dots icon in the right corner of the Files field. You will see a list of all available documents stored in the system.
How to track tasks?
Schedule compliance is an important indicator that helps improve the efficiency of the company. You can easily control schedule compliance and check the results of work using the Control field. Choose one of the following options:
- Inform on completion – you will receive a notification when the task is completed.
- Assign task - when the responsible user completes the task, ELMA365 automatically assigns you a task to control the achieved results.
- Complete process – select this option if you don't want to control the task execution.
All tasks created by you are displayed in the Assigned by me section. To find a specific task, use the Task search.