If the functionality of the standard form is not enough, create your own template using the form editor. It allows you to add new buttons, widgets, move fields, etc. You can create form templates for tasks, events, instance pages, and apps.
How to add a new template
There are several ways to create a form template:
- In a business process. On the modeling page, click on the Form templates tab. In the upper right corner click + Form template.
- In a user task. Open the task settings window and go to the Form tab. In the upper left corner, next to the Form Template caption, click the Default link. After that, the button + Create template will appear.
- In the start event. Open the event settings window and go to the Form tab. In the upper left corner, next to the Form Template caption, click the Default link. After that, you will see the + Create template button.
In the window that opens, enter the name of the template and click Save.
How to edit template
Templates are modified in the form editor. All changes are done on two tabs: Template and Settings.
On this tab, you can edit the form header, change the buttons or create new ones, as well as add widgets.
To add a new button click on + Button.
The button creation window will open.
Fill in the following information:
- Display – select how the button will look like on the form. You can choose one of the following options: icon, link, button.
- Name/Tooltip – a button name or a tooltip.
- Icon – graphic representation of a button.
Action – what will happen when a user clicks the button.
To edit an existing button, double-click on its name on the form. In the window that opens, change the required settings.
To remove a button from a form, click on the recycle bin icon in the upper right corner of the button editing window.
A widget is an interface element or a small service application with specific functionality for solving such tasks as loading a file, displaying instructions, activity streams, a list of users, etc.
To add a new widget, click on the link + Widget on the main part of the form or on the side panel. You can choose one of the existing widgets or add your own HTML widget.
Please note that the list of available widgets for the main part of the form and for the side panel is different. You can read more about the types of widgets and their settings in this article.
To change the position of widgets on a form, use drag-and-drop. To edit or delete a widget, move the cursor over it and select the action you need to perform.
On this tab, you can specify the display settings for the mobile version. In addition, you can define the behavior of widgets on the side panel.