In the advanced mode, you can set up custom pages for creating, viewing and editing an app item. You can change the order of fields on the page, select required and read-only fields, create templates and select which fields must be shown on the app item tiles.
The advanced mode is available when creating a new app or when changing the settings of an existent one.
To switch to the advanced mode, click the gear icon to the right of the app's name and select Form Settings.
Then, click the Advanced Mode link in the settings window.
Once you have switched to the advanced mode, you will not be able to go back to the standard mode.
The Context tab displays all of the app's properties. You can add new ones and specify if a property participates in search. To add a new property, click Add.
Fill out the provided form. Please note that the set of fields on this tab may vary according to the selected property type.
- Display Name * – the name of the property that will be displayed on creation, view and edit pages of app items.
- Property Name * – the name of the property that will be used for working with API. You can change it if necessary.
- Tip – additional information that explains how to fill in the field on the creation page of an app item. For example, "Choose from the list" or "Enter the phone number in the following format: +49 2ХХ ХХХ ХХ ХХ".
- Type* – property type, for example, "Date/Time".
- Search and sort by field – if you check this box, this property will be used amongst the parameters in app item search.
- Full text search - the value of this property will participate in full text search. This option only becomes available if you check the Search and sort by field option.
Fill in all the fields and click Save to apply changes.
To delete a property, select it in the list and click Delete. If you wish to delete several properties, press and hold Ctrl on your keyboard, select the properties and then click Delete.
To apply all the changes, click Save in the right corner of the page.
On this tab, you can customize the item creation page.
Move the properties from the Context column to the Name on form column. Drag and drop the properties in the list to change their order. Each property in the Name on form column stands for a field on the page, which the users will have to fill in when creating a new item.
You can mark properties as required and as read-only.
Display of properties
You can define how the property will look on the page: edit its name, the text of the tip, and make the field required or not.
To change the settings, click on the property's name in the Name on form column.
The Change field window will open. It features the General settings tab and, in case of app-type properties, the Properties tab.
The General settings tab has the following fields:
- Property – the name that you specified when creating the property. It cannot be changed.
- Name on form * – the name that the users will see on the form. Bу default, it is the same as the Displayed Name. You can change it if needed.
- Tip – additional information that explains to the users how to fill in the field on the creation page.
- Required – check this box to make this field a required one. If the property is of the app type, an additional App item tab will appear. On this tab, you can select how the item will be added to the form.
- Read only – check this box if you do not want users to edit this field on the item creation page.
The Properties tab looks as follows and is available only for properties of the app type.
Since a property of this type is linked to an app with its own context, you can add properties from the app's context to your form.
You can configure your creation form as described above or use a template. With a template, you can add buttons, widgets, and change the layout of the fields.
If you want to delete the templates that you have applied and cancel all the changes, click Reset settings.
To apply changes to the creation form, click Save in the top right corner.
On this tab, you can customize the item view page.
The view form is set up in the same way as the creation form. Since on a view page users do not need to perform any actions, the fields on this form cannot be marked as required.
On this tab, you can customize the item edit page.
This form is configured in the same way as the creation form.
On this tab, you can specify which fields will be shown on the item tiles.
To add a field to the tile, click +Field.
You will see a drop-down list with all the available fields. Select the required ones and click Save.
To delete a field, click on the minus sign to the right of the field's name.
Please note that these fields will be displayed on tiles of all the items of the current app.
An item tile look like this:
To use a template, go to the tab of the page that you want to set up and click <Default>.
To create a template, click Create template.
The page for creating a template features two tabs: Template and Settings.
This tab has two areas. The left area features the item form, and the right area represents the side panel.
Here you can edit the header, add and edit buttons, create widgets on the form and on the side panel.
Adding a button to a form
To add a button to a form, click +Button.
A window with button settings will open.
Fill in the fields:
- Display* – you can choose how the button will be displayed on the form: as a button, an icon or a link.
- Name/Tooltip* – the name of the button that will be displayed on the form.
- Icon – the button's icon.
- Action – the action that takes place when a user clicks the button.
Click Save to apply changes.
If you want to edit a button that is already on the form, double-click on it and then make the necessary changes in the provided settings window. To delete a button from the form, click the recycle bin icon in the top right corner of the settings window.
Adding a widget to a form
A widget is an interface element for such actions as uploading a file, showing instructions, displaying messages, user lists and so on.
To add a new widget, click the Widget link in the main area of the form or on the side panel. You can select one of the available widgets or create your own HTML widget.
Please note that the widgets available for the main area may differ from the ones available for the side panel. You can read more about widgets and their settings here.
Drag and drop the widgets to arrange them on the form. To edit or delete a widget, move the mouse pointer to the widget and select the necessary action: click the gear icon to edit and the recycle bin icon to delete.
Here you can set up how the form will be displayed on mobile devices.